Add New User Account from your Admin Console
Add a user account to your Admin console
Tip: Try the Home page quick link. On your Admin console Home page, click Add a user, and go to step 5 below.
First switch to an administrator account. This will open the Google Admin Console
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- On the left, under All organizations, select the organizational unit to which you want to add the user. (You might need to click to show the organizational units.)
- At the top of the page, click Add new user.
- Add account information (visible in the Admin console and Gmail contacts):
- First and last name
- Primary email—The Admin console suggests a username that's different from any existing usernames in your domain. You can accept the suggested name or change it.
- (Optional) A different domain—If your organization has more than one domain, click the Down arrow next to the field to the right of the @ sign and choose a domain.
- (Optional) Secondary email—This is the email address where the new user receives their new account details. If the user doesn’t have another email address, you can enter your own address to capture the information for forwarding later.
- (Optional) Phone number
- (Optional) To add password, organizational unit, and profile information, click the Down arrow next to Manage user’s password, organizational unit, and profile photo.
- (Optional) Organizational unit—If your users are grouped in organizational units, click Edit select the one to which you want to add the userclick Done.
- (Optional) Profile photo—To add a photo for the user, click Upload Profile Photoselect and open the photo file. If you don’t have a photo now, you can add one later.
- Password—To create a password, choose one:
- Choose to Automatically generate a password.
Note: If you choose this option, the password is longer than the required minimum or the minimum password length set for your domain.
- Choose to Create password yourself.
Note: Password minimum length is 8 characters. See our password guidelines for tips on creating a strong password. To view the password, click .
(Optional) To require the user to change this password the next time they sign in, select Ask user to change their password when they first sign in.
- Click Add New User. The New user added window opens.
- If the new account's primary email address matches an existing Google Account, you might be prompted to fix the conflict before you can add the user. Learn more about conflicting accounts.
- Depending on your Google Workspace subscription, you may see licensing information about the new user at the bottom of the screen.
- (Optional) To send the user their password, such as in a Google Chat conversation or to their secondary email address, click Copy Password.
- (Optional) To send account information to the user, click Preview And Send. If you entered a secondary email address for the new user, it appears automatically in the Email field. Use the secondary email, or update it to another email, then click Send to send the new user their sign in info.
- To finish adding the new user, click Done.
Reset User Password from your Admin Console
Reset a user's password If a user forgets the password for their managed Google account (for example, their Google Workspace or Cloud Identity account), or if you think their account has been compromised, you can reset their password from the Google ...
Restore a Recently Deleted User from your Admin Console
Restore a recently deleted user You can restore a user account (including administrator accounts) up to 20 days after deleting it. After 20 days, the data is gone and Google Workspace support can’t restore it, either. See Delete a user from your ...
Restore a Suspended User from your Admin Console
Restore a suspended user As an administrator for your organization's Google Workspace or Cloud Identity service, you can restore suspended user accounts that were: Suspended by you or another administrator to temporarily block their access. ...
Add User Account for your Business Email
Add a new Email User Account from your Business Mail Dashboard under Control Panel For your users to start using the email services, you first need to create accounts for them. Creating a user account is fairly simple – Go to Mail >> Add User in your ...
Generate DKIM Records from your Admin Console
Generate the DKIM for outgoing email You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task. To continue, switch to a super administrator account. This (https://admin.google.com) will open the Google Admin console. Switch to the super ...